Monday, January 7, 2008

Cherry Dress

I think that hand basteing the zip is the easiest way to set it up:
CherryDress-BasteingZip_0245

Sewing in the zip:
CherryDress-SewingZip_0247

The finished dress:
CherryDress-7Jan2008_0269

I absolutely love this dress - love the ruffles, love the material, love the yoke and all the gathers. Everything is turned in under the yoke at the end to make it all look very neat inside. The only downside is that it is very short and I will need to make some matching pants to go with it. I have got another pair of pants that I really like and would like to emulate them which is guaranteed to be an interesting exercise!

Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go and order all the craft books I didn't get for Christmas! The interest rate to the US is fantastic and there are some great deals on Amazon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That fabric is beautiful!
gorgeous job on the dress!

Austysmum said...

Absolutely adorable!