Sunday, August 19, 2007

Quilting

I did a patchwork quilting class in the UK. My first ever square was the star in the top left hand corner. The teacher in the class gave me the scraps for it and she charged me for these scraps!

FirstQuilting_1470

I did the four squares above and then decided that I wanted to do a Stars and Heart quilt from a Naive quilting book that I bought.

HeartsBook_1464

This is how far I've gotten with it. I think I have screwed up the stars as they are turning out smaller then the hearts squares. I need to make 17 Heart blocks and 18 Star blocks. So far I've got 5 stars and 9/10 hearts.

HeartsQuilt_1461

Then I found this Rose Quilt kit at a Stitches & Craft show. The really bad thing was that I worked on it for about 2 years. I started doing it in the UK and it wasn't until we were back in Australia and I was waiting on IVF results that I finished it off. So its taken a lot of time and a lot of love to complete this quilt. It is a lap quilt.

RoseQuilt2_1450

This is my first big applique project. All the pieces use double sided interfacing and are all stuck down. I still have to do embroidery on it but I'm not loving it as much as I intially did and am not motivated to get the embroidery done.

WallHanging_1457

I was thinking of taking a photo of all my quilting kits that are yet to be started. Some years I'd go to the Stitches & Craft show and not find anything I liked and then others would have heaps of lovely things so I found it best just to buy them and put them away for a later date. Sometimes I think I'm a collector of pretty things rather then a quilter!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Wow, your work is very neat! I hadn't realised how much crafty stuff you do, I'll have to watch your blog now :)